Brent Bozell 3

Brent Bozell has a strange topic to write about.  This article is about the trafficking of dead fetus or fetus parts.  A previously employed nurse explained that technicians would receive bonuses based on the amount of baby parts they were able to harvest.  The nurse went onto say how disgusted she was.  The employees were nonchalant when discussing different body parts of the babies.  They would discuss how much they would get for each part.

I was completely shocked when I started reading this article.  It’s hard to imagine that this is happening in the United States and that most people are not aware of this.  I don’t understand how people are able to do this type of job.  These people have no conscience.  The technicians sellings these baby parts don’t care what they are being used for, all the care about is getting money for them.

The author seems to also have the same feelings as I do.  It is apparent in his tone that he is absolutely disgusted with this.  He is frustrated that the media has buried this topic.  The media was pressured into not discussing the matter.  They were being silent.

I still am shocked that this is going on in the US.  The media should open up about this topic and try to make a change instead of keeping to themselves.  What do you think?

7 comments

1. gmreichert

After reading this I to was shocked just like both authors. It’s an eye opener, just because we don’t hear about evil and cruel things that happen to the body parts of these babies. I think that disgusting things happing in America like this need to be taken care of or brought into the light for everyone to see. So we can all find an appropriate way to deal with it.

2. H.B.

The illegal trafficking of said fetuses is wrong. However, in some cases the mother will opt for them to use the fetus for medical research. Stem cells from fetuses are the most malleable and help to test many medical advancements, such as different vaccinations. Although this could either be true or a rumor, it’s not exactly right for people to want to shut down Planned Parenthood altogether for this, like most people angered about this topic want to do. They don’t just perform abortions. They also provide prenatal care for mothers who can’t afford to go to other places, among other things.

3. Jacob

I am also disgusted by this and feel that this is morally wrong. I had never heard about this until before now and its slightly disturbing to think that people are doing this in our country, which is supposed to be better than any other country in the world. I feel the public should become more aware of this so that it may cease to happen. Also after reading this, I wonder if there are other disturbing things that are happening in this country that I am unaware of simply because they are kept secret, sort of like how this was before now. It really sends a chill down my spine.

4. Jocelyn

I completely agree with Brent Bozell. I think this idea about harvesting baby parts is crazy and cruel. I don’t know of anyone who would think this is a good idea other than the ridiculous people who just want money. The employees that are discussing how much money they could get for a body part is pitiful and selfish. I think harvesting body parts from an infant should be illegal or at least stopped and not kept quiet because this is a crazy thing happening in the United States.

5. Alexis

I think the media shouldn’t completely open up about this topic and more so the police enforcement should be taking care of it. Not everyone wants to hear about a touchy subject like this, and if they can somehow take care of it without everyone having to hear the gory details then I think they should. The informants in the article you described should be prosecuted or at least have their license to practice revoked if they had any involvement in this horrific ordeal. I am curious if the parts are even being used scientifically or if the buyers just want the parts. Either way I am disgusted.

6. Sophia

After reading this posting, it basically made me sick. How would you like it if your baby was taken apart and its parts were taken?? i think this whole idea is sickening. Whoever started this idea of taking apart dead babies and fetus’ needs so much help. Thats so crazy, I cant even believe this needs to be addressed and opinions should be taken. The answer should be assumed… This in so nuts, whoever is involved needs to be taken somewhere and given the special attention and care the so obviously need.

7. ledowd

Overall the trafficking of dead fetus parts is not okay, from my point of view. I believe that it is okay to have an autopsy on the deceased if their families give the okay and would like to know the cause of death. The harvesting of organs can also be allowed for the right reasons, such as, the donation of organs. Although, in this case the harvesting of fetus organs to sell in a sort of underground market to get extra money is outrageous. Even though the fetus is now dead, they were once a person who lived a life and had people who cared about them. I do believe that the media should open up about this and make this a known topic.